Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Beach

Sunday was another lazy day and one which I wasn't actually planning on writing about. My Uncle and I decided that whenever we were both up, we'd head out to the beach - a nice, but not particularly special Sunday afternoon. However, when we got to the beach, I was in awe.

For miles, I couldn't see anyone in the water. From a distance the waves seemed a little violent, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Then, as we got out of the car, I noticed that everyone was sitting as far away as possible from the sea, without actually having to get off the beach - so most people were huddled around the fences which divided the beach from the road. Most of the time, the waves would break a good distance from all the beach goers, but every so often the sea would flood the beach reaching the dividing fence and then retreat again taking tables, plates, sandals and an assortment of rubbish with it. Which kept my Uncle and I amused for some time.

The waves themselves were magnificent. The water was white from the foam and as the water swelled and rolled over it became a stunning pale blue. Above the waves the sea spray, which could felt as far back as the road, spattered the sky with rainbows.


video

Oh and on the way back I saw some wild capybaras.





No comments: